Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....

.
.
This is my favorite scene from my favorite Disneyland attraction. Unfortunately, this scene was not recreated when the Carousel of Progress was packed up and moved to Walt Disney World in the mid-seventies. Note the Siamese cat on the pillow next to "Mother" (also the nose of the dog which is cut out of the picture on the far left.) Outside the window is Progress City or EPCOT (yes, EPCOT was originally supposed to be a real city with real people living in it).
.
This shot is from a slide and it didn't turn out exactly as I was hoping it would. It's original color had turned quite a bit over the years and I am still figuring out the best way to scan slides and restore their color. I welcome any expert advice. Thanks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah scanning slides... The colors have to be JUST right to turn out good. A trick I've used with deteriorated slides is to scan it as a negative.. go to photoshop and invert it, and then tweak the colors a bit. A long process, but worth it if it's a treasured pic