Saturday, October 23, 2010

A "Nightmare" In Tokyo Disneyland!

I have mentioned before that Tokyo Disneyland allows adults to wear costumes to the park for just two weeks out of the year (the first week of the park's Halloween season which is in mid-September and then also during the last week of October). Today's pics were taken in October of 2008 and show costumes with a "Nightmare Before Christmas" theme.


Just as we were entering the Haunted Mansion to see Tokyo's Holiday Nightmare overlay , we spotted "Oogie Boogie" in the crowd. I snapped this next picture pretty quickly, fearing that I might not get another chance for a photo.


As it turned out, we spotted him/her again at the exit and asked if we could take a picture. Most of the park guests are MORE than happy to stop and pose for photos. Incidentally, I just read the rules for wearing a costume to Disneyland/Anaheim for the Mickey's Halloween Party events and it stated that guests that come dressed as Disney characters can NOT pose for pictures. What's up with that?


Since this next photo was taken just one day before Halloween, a stage was already being erected for the park's annual Christmas shows. These next two guests were posing in front of that stage.


The "Jack Skellington" on the right even had the toy duck with the bullet holes attached to her shoulder.


Well, I am leaving tomorrow for Tokyo! I should be coming back with more photos of some cool costumes. I will post them when I return!

To see more pictures of Tokyo Disneyland guests wearing Halloween costumes, click here.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Look how fun those costumes are! It's funny, the Japanese seem so fascinated by American pop culture, and we in turn are fascinated by their take on it.

Great pix!

Connie Moreno said...

I agree with the Major - I love this post. THANKS! And you're going to Tokyo! I am so envious!!! Look forward to all of those photos!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I hope your having a great time!!

Dan Alexander said...

Wow, these costumes are really impressive and creative--looks like a fun crowd!

Milo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.