Sunday, February 15, 2009

This and That

Today I present a sampler of pics from Tokyo Disneyland. These include a bathroom, two and a half trashcans, and six telephones.

The photo below is of a bathroom entrance that is located underneath the queue for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Nice themeing!


Next, we have a set of trash cans. One of these is for general trash, one is for recyclables, and the thing in the middle is a sink for dumping your drinks before throwing the containers away. This is EXTREMELY helpful for the cast members that actually have to dump the trash. If you have ever had to do this yourself, or ever watched someone do this, you would know that when the bags are taken out of the cans, they are usually leaking from everyone throwing liquids into the trash and then holes being punctured through the plastic bags by other objects like plastic forks, knives, etc. It is not a pretty job. Although I never worked custodial on a permanent basis, I did have to change some trash bags on several occasions during my employment at Knott's Berry Farm. The smelly "liquid garbage" would usually run right out of the bag onto your shoe or pant leg and just really make your day. Unfortunately for the cast members of Tokyo Disneyland, there aren't too many of these special trash cans within the park, but I have noticed at least a couple others. This one is in Tomorrowland.



Below, is a row of telephones from Tomorrowland. I love the little domes over these. I don't know if they are plastic or glass, but they look even cooler when they are lit up at night. I have actually used the payphones in the Tokyo Disney Parks, but I don't think I have ever seen anyone else using them. I'm guessing that as cellphone use has increased over the years, payphone use has decreased just like here in the U.S.


These next two are also from Tomorrowland and are located underneath the Star Jets Platform.



Here are the same two phones at night...sorry for the slight blurriness. You can tell I really like these phones because I've included three different photos of them!

5 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Details, Details, Details... I love Disney Details. Great pics. Thank you.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I love those phones too!!!! Pay phones are all but gone at Disneyland Anaheim, I think there just a few left and they aren't themed.

That is the smartest idea ever for trash. I always feel guilty throwing away liquids. As fast food places if I have some drink left in my cup, I leave it on top of the trash can to avoid the yucky mess you described. Neat post, thanks!

Steve Tanner said...

Love the photo of the mixed use trash can at Tokyo Disneyland. I was wondering if I could get your permission to repost it with attribution on MagicalTrash.com. If not, no worries. Thanks for sharing!

TokyoMagic! said...

Hi Steve. You have my permission to use my photo on your site. And yes, please do give credit to, MeetTheWorldInProgressland.blogspot.com. Thank you so much, for asking!

Steve Tanner said...

Thanks for your permission. I have few more questions I'd love to ask offline. Any chance we can connect by email? steve AT MAGICALTRASH DOT COM