Sunday, October 16, 2011

Walt Disney World Or Bust!

I do realize that six of my last seven posts have been about Knott's Berry Farm. I hope nobody minded! For those that did not grow up with Knott's or are not big fans of that park, it's time for some more Disney stuff! Here's are some slides that were taken at Walt Disney World in March of 1975.









By this time tomorrow, I should actually be in Orlando. I usually plan a trip to the Tokyo Disney Parks this time of year, but due to the current situation at the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan, I've decided to put off going....for now, anyway. I haven't been to Orlando since 2007, so I am looking forward to seeing some of the things that have been added to the parks since then. On the top of my list are: The revamped Spaceship Earth at Epcot, the Obama animatronic in The Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom, and the new Harry Potter attraction at Universal's Islands of Adventure. Oh, and I am hoping to experience Snow White's Adventures one last time at the Magic Kingdom before it is gutted and turned into a Princess "Meet 'N Greet" (PUT THE PRINCESSES SOMEWHERE ELSE, DISNEY!)

Anyway, I should be coming back with plenty of new pics to post!


7 comments:

Snow White Archive said...

Looking forward to your trip report TM!

Dan Alexander said...

I can't wait for some detailed trip reports, with lots of pictures!

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, have a great time! Yes, plenty of photos please (as Dan says). I can't believe that the Snow White dark ride is going to be removed, especially after hearing for years about how much better it is than the Disneyland version. First "Toad", and now this!

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter too!

Connie Moreno said...

Tokyo, you're fired! LOL! Have fun, shoot a lot (of pics) and come back safe. Love that shot out of the plane window, by the way!

JG said...

Hey, have a great time. I don't mind lots of Knotts.

JG

JG said...

Oh, I meant to mention it somewhere.

In one of the blogs, some time back, there was a post about the old pharmacy, with a picture of a round window.

You commented about whether the window was still there.

I took pics on my recent trip, it is still in place, and opens into the shop next door. There is a door next to the round window, which leads into a closet. The store is now sort of a jewelry and handbag shop.

JG

TokyoMagic! said...

Thank you to everyone, for the comments and well wishes. I'm back home and I had a wonderful time. I will start posting pics now.

JG, I recently revisited that round window as well. Interesting that they removed the landing and sealed up the doorway into the next shop, but left the window. I believe that section of the store where the jewelry is, was the original location of the Disneyana shop (in the seventies and eighties).