Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Carnival - Part 2 and 200th Post!

This is my 200th post.....I never thought I'd make it this far! I guess I can stop now. Well, there is a Part 3 to this series, so maybe one more post after this and then I can retire.

Today for Part 2, we have more photos from Tokyo Disneyland's Spring Carnival event. These flower carts were in the Mediterranean Harbor area, near the park's entrance archway.


Here's a close up of the floral picture on Mickey and Pluto's cart.


Donald's flower cart was shaped like a boat.


These two carts were actually inside the entrance archway, underneath the park's Mira Costa Hotel.


This Mickey head was covered in succulent plants. (I posted a close-up shot of this last year.)


These flowers were sitting outside of the Portofino Cafe.


There is some major layering going on in this last picture. It was taken on a bridge. The green metal seen just on the other side of the wrought iron is another bridge that the DisneySea Electric Railway travels over. The red bridge beyond that is for both pedestrian traffic and the American Waterfront vehicles. The real Tokyo Bay can also be seen (faintly) just beyond that bridge, and then on the left is the S.S. Columbia.


In the final part to this series, we'll visit Fantasia Gardens and Jasmine's Garden!
(Happy Birthday, Dad!)

4 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Congrats on the 200th post. I am sure you have lots more to write about....I thought I would never go beyond what I have in my posts!

Daveland said...

Congrats on 200 - and thanks for the Tokyo shots, as the chances of me getting there are very slim!

Dan Alexander said...

Hooray for 200 posts! Great pictures as usual, so good job maintaining the quality after all this time.

TokyoMagic! said...

Thank you for the congrats and for the compliment! I do not plan to stop posting....even though I unfortunately have less spare time for it right now than I used to!